Saturday, June 6, 2009

Toothless


In this picture Brayden had just got woke up from his nap on the way there.

On thursday the fourth, Brayden got to have a very pleasant experience. We took him into the Kids Dentist to get his left front tooth pulled. He was given a mask to practice at home and did great while here but as soon as Ross sat down with him in the chair at the Dentist's office things didn't go as smoothly. He fought everything that was done on him. Instead of breathing through his nose like he was supposed to, he breathed through his mouth. So the mask was placed over his mouth for a while to get him to settle down. He did great on the hardest things and not so great on the simplest things. Which worked out best anyway. However, due to him breathing the laughing gas on Ross and watching the needle go in Brayden's mouth and the fact that he was watching his son go through a little trauma... Ross ended up almost passing out right after he was done. I can't blame him. I wouldn't have made it that far. In fact, I had to leave as they were placing the mask on Brayden. I am weak when it comes to those things.
When I met with the Dentist a week prior he asked me to have the parent who was the strongest emotionally and I told him that would be Ross. I am never good with those kind of things.

We were all kind of sickened by the whole situation. Just one year ago we had Brayden undergo surgery on his mouth to save his top 2 front teeth. In fact, we are still paying on that bill. Unfortunately, Brayden is more top heavy and tends to fall on his mouth instead of his bottom! In one of the many falls he managed to break the root and knock his front left tooth loose. Infection started to set in and it was inevitable that the tooth and root would need to be removed. It is better than the alternative. We are grateful that he could get it taken care of. Now he will just be a little toothless until the permanent one grows in in about 2-3 years. He looks so cute though. I wanted before and after pictures and I did the best I could.
Since Brayden was only allowed something really soft and preferably cold that night, we got him his favorite treat. A smoothie from Costco. He enjoyed it very much.
Here he is with his missing tooth. You can tell he is still a little drugged up.
He did a great job considering. We are proud of him and love him dearly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he had to get his tooth pulled! I couldn't bare to listen to him scream when I was playing the game on he tv I kept on saying por brayden. I felt soo bad for him!! That must of hurt!!! Yeah it will be a while till he has his ful set of teeth again!! Hey! Why don't I get my favorite treat when I lose a tooth? JK!! I hope he can eat hard food soon!! He always wants hard foods!! Sometimes!! Hope his mouth feels better!! You did Great!!! Love you soo much!!
Love,Raelene

The Kelly Variety said...

Not fun for you! Mike would have been in there too, not me. Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

We enjoy all your blog! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh Poor lil guy! Good thing for Strong daddys! Then, we mommys are good for Strong Lovins!! He looks super tired but thankfully lil ones always bounce back!! We Love you Brayden! Love Your Friends~