Saturday, June 20, 2009

Poor guy!

This weekend was my husband's family reunion on his grandparents side. We were looking forward to all of us going... probably the last one his grandma will be there. We know that there were a family members who could not attend due to sickness and what not and we miss them deeply.

Friday morning brought a not so pleasant surprise. Brayden layed down on the floor (something he just doesn't do) so I picked him up and he felt warm. He had a temp. so I layed him down for a nap hoping that would help. He woke up 2 1/2 hours later with a fever of 104. Two of our sweet nieces went to the store for me and picked up some children's ib and some gatorade and brought it to us. I gave it to him and a hour later he was better. Brayden and I stayed home last night so we wouldn't get anyone sick and to give him time to get better. Later that night he threw up ALOT and his fever got even higher. Grandpa Stevens and Uncle Craig came by to assist in a Blessing. I am so thankful for the Priesthood! He finally went to sleep late last night and woke up this morning feeling a little better.

He took a 3 1/2 hour nap today and felt cooler. He even played for a couple of hours with me today. Yesterday, last night and first thing this morning he just wanted me to hold him constantly. I don't mind him being cuddly... just don't like the circumstance that causes it. But the fever is back high again tonight. This is the sickest he has been. I hate seeing him like this. I know we are supposed to have trials, but it isn't fun watching your children be so sick. I know he will be better soon and I thank my dear family and friends for their prayers and concerns.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel soo bad for him!! I wish he wasn't sick!!! You did a GREAT job on the blog!!! Love you and Brayden soo much!!!!

Love,
Raelene

Anonymous said...

Oh Brayden! We are thinking about you! Hope you are feeling like a Healthy Wild Boy again!
Your Friends!

Anonymous said...

We sure missed you guys at the reunion. We will be sharing photos with you.

Love, Mom