Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy Anniversary!


I remember the day that I met you as if it were yesterday. It was a Saturday night on March 9 1996. I was on a date (which of course didn't work out!) My friend, Aleen had told me about this cute guy from Cascade just a couple of months prior to meeting you. During the dance, she pointed you out to me and I thought to my self(wow! he is really cute!) Then my next thought was how would someone like me ever end up with someone like him?! You see, I had just had my heart broken pretty bad a few months before that and I was at the point that I didn't want a serious relationship for a long time. I didn't want to get hurt like that again!
After the dance was over I walked to where Aleen and a couple of friends were to say hi. Just as I was about to get to them, I managed to trip on absolutely nothing but the floor itself and ran right into Ross! I was so embarrassed and his cousin didn't help the matter! I must have not looked that bad because Ross came down from Cascade 2 weeks later to see if I was at the dance.

We ended up dating for 3 weeks and then you asked me to marry you and were sealed in the Boise Temple a month and a half later!! I cannot begin to tell you how blessed and enriched my life has been with you as my husband. When people ask me where my other half is, I correct them and say you are my better half. You are a blessing in my life. I can't believe it has been 13 years already. I look forward to 60 more with you! I don't have a card for you but I want you to know that I love you more each day than the day I first ran into you. I am blessed to be called your wife. I am honored to have your last name as mine. I love you more than words could ever express. I will better myself each day so that I may be half as honorable as you are. I commit myself to treating you like the Special Son of God you are. May you know how special you are. I love you Ross Quinn Stevens and thank you for asking me to marry you 13 years ago!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that mom!!! You did wonderful! And I hope that I can marry somone like dad! Love you soo much!
Love,
Raelene

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Aw! I felt like I was reading an Anniversary Card to Ross! You are Amazing Amber!! Raelene you are so Sweet!
Congrats to 13 Years!! We Love you!
Love your Friends!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute and thoughts and feelings.

Love,
Mom