Sunday, June 7, 2009

The dog ate my homework... in this case my bread!



They say that the best way to get rid of frustrations is to vent. To talk/type your way through it. Although you may not feel that this is a valid subject to vent about... it would help anyway.

Last night I took the time to make a loaf of bread. We have been out of it for a while and I have been wanting to make my own. I usually just bake it in the bread machine but this time I wanted to do something different. I let it rise in the bread machine and then I took it out and shaped it into a loaf to fit the pan. I had never shaped one before, usually just do the jelly roll. But for my first attempt It turned out fairly pretty. It sunk a little in the center but the rest was nice.

I was so looking forward to eating it today after church. I got home with sweet anticipations of eating a delicious slice of homemade bread. My taste buds were all prepared for this moment. Then I saw that Kato was loose in the house. I followed the trail of food to the side of the table in the dining room and that's when I realized that my taste buds would be let down. Kato had gotten my loaf of bread and ate part of it through the sack. I can't tell you how disappointed I was!! I was so frustrated I wanted to cry. I know, to you it is a mere loaf of bread but to me it was something I had been wanting to do for a long time. I put time into it. Oh well, what do you do?? I am starting to feel a little better just by typing this. I will get over it. I love our dog but I don't love it when he eats the food we prepare. At least he got to have the first taste and it was good for him.. ok good for us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to try it too!!!! I WISH HE DID NOT GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well!!! You did great on making the bread LOOK good anyway!!!! YOu did great on the blog mom!!!!
Love you sooo much!!!!!
Love,Raelene

Anonymous said...

Yummy... well it looked good! It must of smelled yummy to kato too! Hehe!! Your Friends!!