Thursday, June 18, 2009

Enjoying Emmett



For all the years we have lived here in Emmett, I
don't think I have ever taken a picture of the valley from over by the Butte. This first picture is just that. I love it here in Emmett. You always get what you are looking for and I am thankful that we choose to find beauty.


I don't like this picture of me but I love it of my husband. They had 2 of the 3 Spillways open that day we were there. Although the water is still quite green it was fascinating to watch it come out that fast.
You can see a better view of the Spillways. Not sure why Rae was hiding behind me...
Maybe I can get some more pretty pictures of Emmett soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I was trying to make you my sun block...Wow! I love Emmett it is part of the wonderful Earth our HeavenlyFather created for us! I love that picture of you! I just don't really like that picture of me! My hair wasn't up all the way but that's ok. So anyway you did GREAT!!! Love you soo much! And I love Emmett!!
Love,
Raelene

Anonymous said...

These pictures are absolutely beautiful and priceless. They bring back so many memories for us. When I was a girl at home we drove to the Black Canyon Dam for a short vacation from farming. It was shortly before my brother Larry was born. The Black Canyon Dam was created so there would be a way to grow crops in the new Black Canyon Project. My Dad was one of the very first to clear the sagebrush and create a farm there. He came home from World War II to build his home and start farming in the Middleton area on the new Black Canyon Project.

Love,
Mom