Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Love Letters

Today I came across a scrapbook that I had made at least 10 years ago.  In it were some love letters that Ross and I had written to one another.  One of them being the very first one he wrote me.  It was 4 pages long with details of how we met and up to the day he wrote it.  3 weeks had gone by since the first time we had met.  I cried while reading it.  IT is honestly the most beautiful, heartfelt letter any wife or soon to be fiance could ever ask for!  He was so vivid about his feelings for me.  About how he loved how strong in the Gospel I was (am)... He said I was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen and that I was just as beautiful on the inside.  He said that he wanted to give me the love that I need and should have had growing up. 

He honestly won my heart over again.  I fell in love with him all over again today.  We both said that when we get married, it was not 50/50 but 100% from both parties.  That ALL windows and doors are locked.  Either this works out or we make it work.  We both made a covenant with The Lord and one another that we would make this marriage work, no matter what.  I can tell you that the first year of our marriage really tested our commitment to one another and Heavenly Father.  If it weren't for our covenants we made, and our faith in the Gospel and the Lord, we would have been like most couples and we wouldn't be together today.  How thankful I am that we are both humble enough to admit our mistakes, ask for forgiveness and love one another unconditionally.  I know that there is no better husband out there for me than my dear Ross.  Nobody could and would be willing to put up with me and my issues like Ross does.  I owe him everything.  I desire to be a better wife and mother each day because of him and my Savior.  I pray that I can continue to win his heart every day of our lives.  I am grateful that we are a complete family.  No greater calling than that of a spouse and parent.  How blessed I am, we are to have one another and our testimonies!  Thank you, Ross, for never giving up on me!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What precious moments!

Love,

Mom

Anonymous said...

What precious moments and thoughts.

Love,
Mom

Matt & Corrine said...

Awesome pictures! Thanks for posting those. We miss you guys and hope all is well!