Sunday, September 27, 2009

Our challenges strengthen us...

For a person who likes to consider herself as pretty healthy, nothing could be further from the truth...at least lately.

I know that our challenges are supposed to make us stronger..if that were in physical terms I will end up being pretty buffed! I guess we can't have perfect health all the time but that sure would be nice!

It all started with a check-up at the dentist office to get an exam. I had a big cavity under a big filling. I had the cavity drilled out and he said that it was right on top of my nerve. We were in hopes that I wouldn't need a root canal, however, after a week and a half of intense pain we went ahead and started the process. We uncovered an infection which had spread down to my jaw line. He couldn't finish it because it was too painful. He put me on antibiotics to help clear up the infection. OF course I get the all time favorite yeast infection, then sinus infection, the next week was in a lot of pain due to a kidney infection and then a bacterial infection in my lungs which I was hacking up bloody mucus. I was unable to go visiting teaching last month because I was quite sick and now this month am quite sick again... I am sure my sisters wonder if I want to come! Now I am enduring a very, very painful gall bladder infection that sent me to a place that I don't like to go.. but they needed to make sure it wasn't filled with stones. They think it might not be emptying correctly. Pain meds have been my best friend the past two days and I detest being on them! I have only slept 4 -5 hours in 2 days so I am very tired. Haven't been able to eat or drink anything without it causing severe pain and making me sick.. have already lost 10 pounds in a month from not knowing how or changing anything...

I will get through this..always do! I will come out the better person from this. I very rarely talk about how I am feeling...most people are consumed with their own challenges, they don't need mine to add to theirs!

So maybe the next time you see me I might be emotionally, spiritually and physically toned.. ok maybe not the physical part..LOL!

I want to say a special thank you to my sweet friends who have been there with me through all of this. And to those family members I have shared this with... You just don't know what you have done for me... I love you all dearly! You know I don't like to talk about the negative in my life, but like a family member once told me.. if Idon't share some of my struggles and write them down, my descendants won't be able to relate with me.. so I said it and now on to positive things in my life!

8 comments:

The Kelly Variety said...

Sorry to hear. . .that is not fun! Hope you get better soon!!!
On a positive note your family pictures turned out so so cute. I love them!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are resting! You have Amazing Friends and Family to be there to get you through this! Just keep Swimming! You are Truly Strong and so Very Loved!!
Love Your Friends!

Anonymous said...

You have done a lot of beautiful work on your blog. We're so sorry you're not feeling well and are in pain. Our prayers are with you and hopefully it won't take long for your health to be restored.

Love,
Mom

Unknown said...

I hope you get feeling better soon. I love you and your family. THanks for sharing the pics.

Love you

sondra said...

We love your family group photos! That tree is amazing! Where is it? Carrie is here with me and she loves the photo of "Brayden holding the tree" I moved on in the blog and Carrie was upset because she couldn't see Brayden anymore. Then when I gpt bacl tp

Anonymous said...

Your Fanily group photo is wonderful. That three is amazing! Carrie is here with me and shw likes the photo of "Brayden holding the tree"

Amber said...

thank you so much everyone. you don't know how much it all means to me. I appreciate your love and support more than you will ever know. i will get better, no place to go but up from here! i love you all so much and am a better person because of you.

Matt & Corrine said...

I didn't know it was possible to have that many infections in a row. Way to beat the odds. JK. I guess that's not really funny when you're in so much pain. Good luck!