Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back to School and lots of New!

It is so hard for me to believe that my once "little boy" has now started Jr. High this year. This year things are very different for him at the new school. He now has a locker, classes upstairs, outside and downstairs. He gets up an hour earlier( my favorite part!) and also gets home almost an hour earlier. I so remember my years in jr high and I wouldn't go back in a million years. Am grateful for the experience but was a learning curve and hard years. As I look back over the years , I still remember holding him in my arms and saying to myself"I hope time passes slowly." Now he is 12 years old, the last of being a child and will soon be on to his teen years. I feel like he should just be starting Kindergarten, not Jr High! He is a great kid and we are so blessed to have him in our home!
Raelene has started the 6th grade this year. Wasn't I just walking her down to the bus stop and seeing her off to her very first day of school, yesterday??? Now she is among the oldest of her school mates and is not sure if she likes it yet... give her time and I think she will change her mind. I can't believe she will be starting Jr High next year! She was just crawling yesterday, walking today and now running tomorrow! She starts a new chapter in her life, one that is both exciting and a little nerve racking for both of us! It is a joy to watch them grow up into mature young adults, yet sad for how time flies by so fast. I like to enjoy every minute I can with my children. I love all 3 of them dearly!
These are bitter sweet moments for me... it is nice to have some one on one time with Brayden and I enjoyed it when I had it with my other 2, but is sometimes hard to send them off for 8 hours a day..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful thoughts and comments. We're off.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I agree! You are such a Sweet Mother! Glad you got to capture their First Day of School! Best Wishes to a Great school year! And also your mandarin sause looks and TASTE Beautiful & Delicious! Am so grateful for your Friendship and sharing your wonderful Talents!
Your Friends!