Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Good, Better, and even Better yet...practice practice practice!


Good...

Wow! I have been quite busy this past week. I will make a different post about the twists with pictures attached. I think I finally found something that I really enjoy doing and want to improve upon. I love to create things, not always good at it but enjoy it nonetheless... I have started making homemade bread. You know, healthier, cheaper... So last week I gave a loaf to a friend and she loved it so much she suggested I start selling them. I have never thought of doing that since I just enjoy baking them for our family and also for friends. Well, this week is Cherry Festival and this person has a booth and I am to bring some bread down to sell. I have sold 3 loaves already and have requests for 4 more this week, outside of the festival.

Better...
I have been practicing at getting the shape of them nicer and have them be a lighter texture. My wonderful sister in law tried a small piece the other day and said the texture, taste and shape were wonderful.. That meant so much to me because I know she has been making homemade bread for many, many years. That was a compliment. I will not say much about my bread, but I do know that others like it and that means a lot to me. I love to cook and bake and to serve others and this is one way I can do all 3. Thank you to all who are encouraging me and supporting me. I couldn't do it with out you! I have taken a couple of pictures of the work in progress of the loaves. Hope you enjoy.
even better! still not perfect but not too bad !
( i know for those of you who have been making homemade bread for a LOT longer than me, there are some obvious flaws, but you have to start somewhere... and thank you for your kind words of encouragement! I am always up for ways to improve!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did great mom!! I love the shape, the taste,and the texture!!! You are awsome!!!!!!!
Love you soo much!!!!!

Love,
Raelene

Zann =) said...

Hey Amber! Great job, girl! Looks WAY better than any of mine have turned out! Good luck selling ~ that's a wonderful idea and right up your alley (so to speak)! Way to GO! Keep it up! =)

Anonymous said...

Yummy! It was delicious! Very Good! Congrats on finding your Talent to share! You are a Wonderful Friend!
Your Friend!

Anonymous said...

It has been said that Bread is the staff of life. So glad you are enjoying the experience.

Love,
Mom