Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fun-filled week

This week we had a great time spending it together as a family. Thursday was the last day of school for our kids. Jerry had a kick ball tournament that morning and I got to see Jerry and Raelene at recess. They had a fun time playing with Brayden. I was even asked if I was Raelene's friends bigger sister! That made my day! That afternoon we all went to the Zoo. It was soo hot that day! We got there just after 4 and they closed at 5. We were able to see the lions but missed my favorite part, the Tigers! I guess at 4:30 they put all the big cats inside due to the heat. It was fun to see the monkeys, lions, penguins, prairie dogs, kamodo dragon, hyeena and the rest of them.




Then on Friday my sister gave birth to a beautiful boy. I took the kids that morning to go see him and the family. On the way there I stopped by Albertsons to pick up some flowers. There I found a dozen, beautiful roses for 99 cents! I picked up 3 dozen and brought her some to say congrats! Then that afternoon Ross and Jerry left with friends to Baker City, OR to volunteer at a hunt test. They ended up forgetting things and took the wrong tent! It rained this weekend and the tent doesn't have a rain fly. So we said some prayers here that they would be able to stay dry and Heavenly Father answered our prayers! That night, Raelene, Brayden and I watched a couple of movies and enjoyed the evening together.

Saturday we got the house cleaned and we packed a lunch to go to the water park. On the way there I noticed a non-profit yardsale and saw what I have been looking for for the past 3 weeks... a cot! It was a brand new, green cot and they asked just $3 for it! That was another answer to prayers! Afterwards, we went to Albertson's to pick up a prescription for Brayden and there I ran into Ross' cousin that runs the Emmett Pool. She said that that day was a free day from 1-6pm. Change of plans, we went swimming in Emmett yesterday and we had a great time! Then my parents came by and we had a bbq together. They had picked up some clothes for Brayden and came by to bring them to us.

It was fun to have some pictures taken with my mom and step dad
This is my Mom with Brayden. She is doing so much better since she has been going to physical therapy. She is feeling better and getting around so much better than she was. Now she is leg pressing 400lbs! She is in better shape than me! I am so proud of her accomplishments.
This is grandpa teasing Brayden..he had a fun time!
I miss my husband and son and can't wait until they get home tonight. I am so thankful for my family and for Ross' family. I know that families are forever and am grateful for my testimony of this knowledge.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did GREAT!!! Yeah!! We did have a great and wonderful time!!! You did such a great job!!! We did have fun swimming staying up late watching movies (not too late though:)) and eating popcorn!!! It was a BLAST!!!!!!!!! It was fun going and looking @ yardsales!!! I'm glad you got what you wanted for a low price!!! And it was fun with Grandma and Grandpa!!!! Brayden, Grandma,Grandpa,you,and I did have a FUN and GREAT, WONDERFUL time!!!!!!!!! It was the best weekend with you and Brayden!!!!!! You also made it fun!!! Love youo sooo much!!!
Love,Raelene

Anonymous said...

It was exciting to learn that your mom's health is improving and that they had an evening to spend with you. She looks great. I'm glad you ran into Shauna and that you had the opportunity to go swimming there. I would have enjoyed going to the pool and seeing Shauna and everyone. Glad your weekend was filled with fun and good times together. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

How Fun! What a Special Amber you are! Love watching you and your family! You are Amazing!! Oh and the yummy honey wheat buns look delicious!! And I love your Wedding and Cake pics!! Congrats!!!
Your Friends!!