Monday, May 11, 2009

A worthy goal


This card was attatched to our Mother's Day gift yesterday in Church. I would like to think of it as a worthy goal to be able to work at each day so I may possess these Christ-like attributes.

" A beautiful, modest, gracious woman is creation's masterpiece. When to these virtues a woman possesses as guiding stars in her life righteousness and godliness and irresistible impluse and desire to make others happy, no one will question if she be classed among those who are truly great." David O. McKay

There are many women in my life and in Church History who possess these attributes, and someday I would like to be numbered among them. My Mother in law, My Sister's in laws, Mary (The Mother of Jesus), Emma Smith, Ruth, Esther, Naomi, Sariah, my dear friends ( I am afraid if I start naming you, I would end up leaving someone out and I don't want to do that). Thank you all for your examples for me to follow. I appreciate and love each of you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that mom!! You did great!!! You always do good!!! You do such great jobs!! Love you sooo much!!
Love,Raelene

Anonymous said...

We love you Amber. Thank you for sharing your Mother's Day with us and for sharing your thoughts and feelings. I'm glad you were abe to get back on line on Mother's Day. Have a great week! Keep the chronicle going. Love, Mom