Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Cowboys/girl at heart


Dad, Mom, Ross, Shane, Jerry, Amber, Hailey, Raelene and Brayden
Dad, Ross, Shane with Hailey, Corrine, Jerry, Me, Raelene and Brayden

Last Monday, Ross, Shane, the kids and I all went up to Mom and Dad's in Cascade so Ross and Shane could help Corrine and Dad vaccinate the cows. Corrine and her little girl were up from Tennessee. This was the first time I had been back home since last July. It was so wonderful to go back even if it was only for a few hours. Time goes by so differently there. Its as if it almost stands still at times. We enjoyed a delicious meal provided by Corrine when we arrived.


Then it was off to do what they do best (be true cowboys/girl) and vaccinate the calves/cows and I believe Dad branded the calves. I have to admit that was not a pretty smell by any means. I came in the house and told mom it sure smelled better in there than it did out in the corral! Jerry got to help as well and they all did an amazing job. Like Dad said when he retired from his job..."I don't know how I ever had time to work at a job!" He is more busy now then he was when he worked his employment. I admire Mom and Dad so much. You wouldn't think that they are in their early 60's and they are still quite young! Most people wouldn't be doing half as much as they do. They are great examples of the words "hard work" for any of us who are half their age to follow! I appreciate them with all my heart and the values that they have passed down to their children. Corrine who is almost 6 mo pregnant was out there getting dirty and helping Dad as well! I admire all of Ross' family more than words could ever express. They are a very special family indeed.

I hope to return soon, a lot sooner than almost a year! I love my children to have the opportunities to invest time being around them and the environment and the priceless memories and attributes that will be passed down by their loving examples. And I know that all of Ross' family would agree. Thank you for everything, Mom and Dad. Thank you, to all of Ross' family for accepting me into your family and for providing an environment that our children love to be around. Thank you for calling me one of your own. I am truly blessed to have married into this extraordinary family! I love each of you with all my heart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Sweet Memories! You are truly Blessed with Wonderful Families!

Anonymous said...

You did GREAT!!! I hope to see Grandma and Grandpa soon again!!!! YOU DID WONDERFUL!!! Love you soo much!!!
Love,Raelene

Anonymous said...

We love you Amber and appreciate your expression of love and respect for us. You're great. It means a lot to us to make precious memories for our family. We appreciate the help and support.

Love, Mom