Monday, May 18, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes...

That old saying definately holds true...especially for my niece. Since my little guy doesn't usually speak what is on his mind and I can't tell on him, I get the privilege of talking about his cousin who is 2 months younger.

She is so fun to watch and be around. Of course, I asked her mother permission to do this.

Not very long ago, Jon, my sister and Katelin were in the car headed somewhere... I know very specific... and while she was asleep, Jon told my sister in a voice that was supposed to be Katelin's "Jon, Jon, giminy Christmas Jon! You got issues!" Oh I laughed so hard when I heard that!

Then my sister and her were at a store and a little girl was riding a toy horse, she politely asked Katelin if she wanted to ride and Katelin replied"I can't, I got poops!"

One day while at the dinner table a noise suddenly came from near Katelin. My sister asked her what that was and she so calmly replied"that was my bum." lol!

To her and everyone around her she is princess Katelin, if you ask her who she is, that is what she will tell you...however, if you ask her if she wants to do something and she doesn't want to, she will tell you that she is "just Katelin".

I just love to hear little ones speak what is on their mind... it is cute at this age. Not when they repeat the bad things that we say, which you didn't realize was that bad until your little 2 yr old repeats it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is soo cute and funny!!! You did GREAT MOM!!!!! Love you soo much!!!!!! YOU DID WONDERFUL!!!!!!
Love,Raelene

Anonymous said...

Too Cute! Thanks for the giggles!
They do say the cute things, but I enjoy the Good things they watch us do. Helps us know that we are guiding them in the right direction!! Love you guys!
Your Friends!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you can enjoy the expressions of your precious little neice and other toddlers just learning to speak.

Love, Mom