Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Husband, My best friend


I found this quote that I thought summed it up quite well...

"I know it is hard for you young mothers to believe that almost before you can turn around the children will be gone and you will be alone with your husband. You had better be sure you are developing the kind of love and friendship that will be delightful and enduring. Let the children learn from your attitude that he is important. Encourage him. Be kind. It is a rough world, and he, like everyone else, is fighting to survive. Be cheerful. Don't be a whiner." — Marjorie Pay Hinckley (Small and Simple Things)

My husband has many names to me, Confidant, Counselor, Best friend, Beloved Son of God, Advisor, Help-mate and many more. I know that I can trust him with my heart, my words, my thoughts and feelings and my concerns. I know that I never have to worry about him judging me. He always understands my thoughts and feelings, better than I do! He can tell me exactly how I am feeling without me saying a word. Scary, I know! But it is nice to know that he understands me. I can confide in him with my worries, doubts, frustrations, dreams and my deepest secrets. He listens to me with real intent. He can repeat every word I said to him. He never, ever yells, degrades, criticizes, complains, or controls me. He only says uplifting words to and about me. He gives of himself unselfishly. He will do anything for me or for anyone at anytime without any thought of reward or being tuned into the station WIIFM...(what's in it for me)! He honors his priesthood, loves his Saviour, loves his parents and his family more than life itself. He is a near perfect as they come. He is the epitemy of Charity. He has a strong self image but not out of line with Christ. He knows who he is and accepts himself and knows what he needs to work on.

He never backs down on what he knows to be right and true. He is an amazing father who develops his relationships with each of his children on a daily basis. He is a very hard worker who never quits until the job is done right. He loves to work hard and play equally as hard. He loves me and works each day to build me up so that I may see myself as he and Heavenly Father sees me. He is patient, kind, loving, giving, selfless, humble, meek and will give his life if the Savior asked him to. I love my husband with all my heart. I feel blessed and honored to be married to him. The good Lord knew what type of man I needed in my life and I desire to work hard each day to continue to be worthy of his love. I am so grateful to Ross' parents for raising such a special son who holds these attributes. I love you Ross. You are my hero. You are a great blessing in my life and I am so thankful for accidentally running into you that day on March 9 1996!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ross is a great guy! But I'm sure it was no accident that you ran into him!

Love you,
Tammy

Anonymous said...

I always knew he was an awesome big brother. It's a great experience to see him as a husband and father. I've always admired him in his roles. You are equally yoked as a couple, so I guess that says what a great person you are too.
love,
Corrine

Anonymous said...

Thank you Amber for your beautiful expression of love! Indeed your heart is full of love and goodness. When did you take the picture? Was it on your date last night? Love Mom

P.S. We laughed until we cried when we listened to your e-mail.

Anonymous said...

Wow Amber! You have a BIG heart and Lots of Love! I agree it was no accident that you met & you are all the words you explained Ross! What a Wonderful couple! Amber you are so Loving and thoughtful! Thank you for the Sweet Thank you card!! I am Truly Blessed to have a Friend like you! Love you guys!
Your Friends!!

Amber said...

All of you are too kind to me! Thank you for saying those sweet things. Though I am no where near where my husband is, it is something I want to work at every day! Thank you all for your sweet comments.. you know how to brighten a person's heart! I love you all very much!

Zann =) said...

Amber ~ YOU are amazing to me! I feel the same way about my hubby ~ I just can't express it as well as you did. You are truly a great couple together. You strengthen each other through your differences, while also building your bond through things you have in common and the commitments you make. You make up for each other's weaknesses. One can't work well without the other! Thanks for sharing, Amber!
Luv ~ Suzanne =)
(aka: Zann)