Monday, May 4, 2009

Some of life's unsolved mysteries

I was thinking about some of the things that happen in life that somehow, sometimes just can't be explained.

For instance, why is it that when you are enjoying your nice warm shower, that your two year old feels like it is necessary to flush the toilet? Then it is no longer a warm shower, but a temperature that tests your tolerance level to see if you can handle how hot it gets!

Or how when you just changed your little one's diaper and for some reason they feel the need to dirty a new one with in minutes of being cleaned!?

How is it that a watched pot never boils, yet when you leave for just a few minutes it boils over?

Has anyone figured out yet where exactly all the socks go??

Or when you have placed the nice steak dinner on the counter to call in your family for supper, only to come back to get it and find the dog enjoying your meal?

I still haven't figured out why dogs have to smell other dog's behinds... I guess they say that that is how they get to know one another but could you imagine people doing that to others to get to know them?? "Excuse me sir.. may I sniff your backside to see if I want to get to know you or not?" That is just too weird and yucky for me!

For those who have kids... never leave bandaids where they can be seen. I am not sure what the connection is between having a small yet unseeable wound and being comforted by putting a bandaid on it... what ever makes them feel better is I guess not a bad thing!

How about the time that you are looking forward to eating that one slice of pizza you saved for lunch the next day, only to find out that one of your kids"or hubby" got up in the middle of the night to have a snack and just had to have that slice of pizza!!

Or when you go to get ice out of the freezer and find that there is nothing but empty trays in there...

Anyway.. this is just my mind thinking in too many directions, but I have often wondered about some of these things... however, I wouldn't trade any of these fun experiences that have come with raising my children for anything!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The worlds little wonders! So Cute tho! I agree I wouldnt trade any of my Experiences with my family for anything!! Its Great that you can Enjoy Life even tho sometimes its not so enjoyable, but worth it! Great Blogging Amber!!

The Kelly Variety said...

Where is my pizza anyway? Fun thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Quite the thoughts. I especially like the one 'where did the socks go?' Good luck at the dentist today. Mom

Anonymous said...

That is to funny mom!!!!!! You did GREAT MOM!!!!!!!!! You always do good!!
Love you soo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,Raelene