Thursday, April 30, 2009

I love to see the Temple...


Saturday night was a special night for our family. True to tradition in Ross' family where the neices and nephews do a family baptism when they turn 12, we accompanied Jerry in a family baptism. It was a spiritual moment to watch our son be baptized by his father for those who have passed on. There were 17 of us there and out of those 9 were able to do the baptisms and confirmations. They were able to do 220 names with one other small family there. I am so grateful for our family and the desires to do the work of the Lord.
It was quite the fun experience on the trip there though... I am claustrophobic and we piled(13) into a van and it felt like we were sardines! But what made it enjoyable or more bearable was listening to a funny cd that had a song on there called " peanut butter and Jelly"! It was a fun, spiritual occasion that I hope to never forget! As the song goes " I love to see the Temple..."!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was glad to see the pictures turned out as good as they did - especially the group picture taken after dark. It was exciting to see that the light enhancment that I learned how to do helped. Your blog is excellent. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

You did great!!! I love to see the blog not just the Temple but the blog too!!!! Love you sooo much!!!!
LOve,Raelene

Anonymous said...

IT WAS REALLY FUN TO GO TO THE BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!