Sunday, April 5, 2009

911! My 2 yr old is gone!


Thursday was Jerry's birthday and he asked me to bring treats to his class that day for his party. I had a dr appt. at 11 am that day and knew that I wouldn't have time to make him anything. So, on my way out of town I stopped by Albertsons to find something that would suffice my son's party. As I was browsing thru the different goodies.. it dawned on me that I had left Brayden out in the van all by himself!! Panic struck and I hurried and checked out and proceeded to the van. As I unlocked and open the door, I said"Brayden.. I am soo sorry", only to find that he was not in his carseat!! I looked all over the van and to no avail he was nowhere to be found.. the most horrible feeling came over me and I started to cry while calling out his name. I can not begin to describe the panic, sick feeling that I was experiencing! I quickly searched the parking lot while trying to call out his name between sobs. I saw a guy come out of the store and asked him if he had seen a little boy. He said no and asked how old he was. I said that he was 2 and that he was no longer in his carseat. He then asked a woman if she would come and help us look for my lost son. I called Ross but he did not answer.. I didn't know what to do, I had lost my son and felt like I was the worst mother in the world! Me and the lady went back to the van.. I looked in the back seat, still no sign of him, then I opened the door to where his carseat is and realized that he was unbuckled.. he does not know how to unbuckle! Some one had taken my dear Brayden!! The lady said to call 911 for it was an emergency! I have never been in a situation like this before.. how was I going to tell Ross that I had left Brayden alone and someone had taken him?! He was gone forever... I cried horribly. So I dialed 911 and then quickly hung up. I realized and remembered at that moment that... I had left him at a friends house earlier!!
Sure it might be funny now but it definately wasn't then!! It took me a good 10 minutes to get the adreniline rush to settle down... I will never forget that feeling!!

I am so thankful that it wasn't the real thing! What would you have done?

7 comments:

Hodges Family said...

We all have are moments! That is pretty Funny though I was scared for a minute!

Matt & Corrine said...

I'm sorry Amber, but I have to admit that I laughed really hard at the conclusion of your story. Glad it wasn't real!

Amber said...

That must be scary!! But it is kind of funny when you think about it! :) Anyway you are the best mom ever!!
Love You!!!!
Love,
Raelene

Warna said...

Amber, I was horrified when I read this. I've spoken to you since this happened so, even before finishing the story, I knew Brayden must be okay. Even so, the shock and sense of loss you must have felt was not hard for me to imagine. Don't worry, Amber--I think you're a terrific mom. :~)

Campbell Family said...

whoa, that must have been an awful feeling. So happy that it has such a positive conclusion!

Anonymous said...

I have the computer up and running again so I can post a comment. Dad said to give you a big ribbon to tie around your finger to help you remember. Have a great week. Mom

Anonymous said...

Well Amber its ok he was at my house! All is well and he was very well taken care of! I know being a mom is busy and when craziness happens you will always know good friends are there! You are an Amazing mother! Glad your Day was a Great Day!