Tuesday, April 21, 2009

How well do you know your scriptures?

Sunday night our Home Teachers came over and gave us a wonderful lesson. He turned it into a game for the kids and it was a great idea. He was to ask them questions out of a lesson in the Friend and they could use their parents as one of their "lifelines" if they didn't know the answer.

So the game began and it was fun. They answered the questions about Joseph Smith very well. I was very impressed that they knew the answers. Then came the question.." What Scripture did Joseph read that led him to the Grove to seek his answers?" They couldn't think of it and one of the Home Teachers started to say "James.." and then James 1.. and I said verse 22. Wrong... was I! He said James 1 verse 5. Of course you knew that one.. I think I was the only one besides my kids that didn't.. next thing out of Raelene's mouth were the words.." I will use dad for my lifelines!!" Ouch.. looks like Mom needs to do better at her Scripture Study!!

Either we will be compelled to be humble or humble ourselves.. But it was cute and made me think! I am so thankful that my kids know what they do and I need to do better at studying my scriptures so that I can teach them better. I love my kids, I love my husband and I love my Savior and Heavenly Father. May I always be willing to learn from my kids and others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aren't you blesssed to have such good hometeachers! I feel the more quality time we spend studying the scriptures the closer we come to our Heavenly Father, the more we appreciate the atonement and the sacrifice of our savior Jesus Christ and we listen and respond more quicly to the prompting of the Holy Ghost. I'm so thankful for the scriptures. We are thankful for you and your wonderful family. Stevens Chronicle looks great. Love, Mom