Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Where there is rain, Heavenly Father provides a Rainbow!


As the saying goes, when it rains it pours.  I have had enough trials in my life to know that EVERYTHING happens for a purpose.  EVeryThing!  I have not ever questioned why with anything we/I have gone thru.  I try my best to look at the blessings that may come or ask the question What am I supposed to learn from this??.... it takes a lot of Faith, but that is the one thing that cannot be taken from me!

So what might the rain be you might be asking??  Well, even if you aren't, this is for me to get this on paper or should I say a screen... lol!  A month ago we received the news that Ross will be losing his job.  The Mill is shutting down by the end of next month.  Wahoo! I thought to myself.  Now I will have a full time husband!  Sure there won't be an income from work anymore, but we are blessed to have bird dogs to train.  And there might be something else in the works where he won't have to go to work. All I know is that if you put God first, you will never come in second!  So... we are trusting Him and knowing that He will lead us in the direction that we are supposed to be in.

Then we met with the Surgeon yesterday and Ross' surgery date is set for the 6th of June or the 13th... in the which the work day before will be his last day.  I don't know how things will work out.  But that isn't up to me to worry about tomorrow.... only can live for today and be prepared for come what may.  Besides... worrying is like a darkroom, it is where negatives are developed.

Other things are going on but I am thankful for my/our trials for that is how we become like Christ.  If things were easy all the time we wouldn't need to rely on our Heavenly Father.  It teaches us so many things.  I have so much to learn, but this I do know with all my heart that He knows what is best for us.  He can see the big picture.  And He tries those he loves.  I will honor and praise Him when things are good and I will do the same when things are challenging.  Besides, there is no such thing as a bad day.. only a Character building day!!

So I look forward with my eyes in front of me, searching for the rainbows in my life when the rain comes down and you will see me dancing in the rain, keeping my eyes on the blessings that come from the challenges of life.

3 comments:

Parley and Anna said...

what a good way to look at trials. Thanks for the great reminder!

The Kelly Variety said...

Hope all goes well! Cute tote bag by-the-way.

Amber said...

Thank you Anna and Kelly! I miss you both... crazy how we can live in the same town and hardly see one another...:)