Sunday, May 1, 2011

FHE Lesson...Pet Peeves

Tonight we had a family home evening lesson on pet peeves.  It was Jerry's turn for the lesson.  He wanted us to go around and share what our top 3 pet peeves are.  He started with me naturally..lol!  Mine were: I don't like to be tailgated, lied to and not believed... or when kids don't listen the first time.  I am horrible but I can't remember the rest of them.... must be mommy timers!

The point of the lesson though was to realize that it is OUR responsibility to not let them bug us.  And if we truly love one another the way we are commanded to then really things won't bug us..at least not as much.  I have alot to work on.  The days that I turn my heart to Christ, I have more patience with people and even myself.  If I haven't stayed on track.. and let's be honest here, I don't very well, then little things bug me way more.  I try though even when it doesn't look like it.  I know that I fall short most of the time.  And that is when I am especially grateful for the Atonement.  I found that the more I pray for patience, the more I am tested to see if my patience is getting better!

How thankful I am that My Heavenly Father hasn't given up on me!  I know that there are many times when I would have.  My husband also hasn't given up on me and I am so blessed! 

So maybe the next time you ask me if I am bothered by tailgating or such and such, I can answer that they aren't such a pet peeve anymore and that I have grown even if it just be alittle.

No comments: