Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I love this song...

I have been trying to live my life more centered around Christ lately.  As we hear about so often that true and lasting joy comes from Living the Gospel Principles and not from anything outside of that, I have proven that to be so true.  While it is true that things like our children's hugs, kisses from Husbands, health, yes even money( hard to help those when you can't help yourself), words of kindness... can bring us joy, I believe that they add to the joy that we already have in our hearts.  In seeking more truths and light, I have found that my Spirit desires more truth and light, and I truly have found lasting joy in my Savior.

Yesterday morning I had Brayden up at the computer with me and we were on LDS.org/friends site and looking up CTR.  Then we got into a wonderful conversation about what it means to choose the right.  That lead to this wonderful song... I am Trying to be like Jesus. 

I'm trying to be like Jesus, I'm following in His ways,
I'm trying to love as he did
In all that I do and say,
At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice
But I try to listen as the still small voice whispers
Love one another as Jesus loves you,
Try to show kindness in all that you do,
Be gentle in loving in deed and in thought
For these are the things Jesus taught.

While I sang this to Brayden a couple of times, it hit me like a ton of bricks!  How much better would our lives be if we simply lived by this phrase alone?!  This is the recipe for happiness and love and peace in our hearts and in our homes... which would extend to everyone we come in contact with.  I love this song!!  I am grateful to a loving Heavenly Father for helping me thru music and the Holy Ghost.

I found this video that depicts this so well.  I hope you take the time to watch it!  Love ya!

No comments: