Friday, April 15, 2011

Women of Worth


How many times does the world try to make us women feel like we have no self worth or value unless we work outside the home? Society paints a pretty picture of a world filled with promise and success by chosing to seek it from outside the home. I am not saying that if you are a mother you shouldn't have a job, there is a time and a place for all things. But what I am saying, is that if you are a mother working full time to raise your children in an evrionment that is different from the one outside your home, and that you are trying to make your place a safe haven for them to come home to, then you are doing the most important work you will ever do!


I am a full time mother of 3 and wife to the most amazing husband in this world!!! I have 2 teenagers and a pre-schooler. I am very busy. Trying to keep up with everything is a full time job in and of itself!! But I have the knowledge that I am doing the most important work I will ever do in this life. I know that Satan tries very hard to devalue what we do in our homes. Is it the cleanest, easiest, least frustrating job you could have?? NO!! I am constantly cleaning up spills, messes, laundry by the mounds, piles and piles of dishes.... but I will tell you that it is the most REWARDING job in this world!!! To have my kids love and respect me you can't put a price tag on. To have them choose the right in an ever changing world that is so flop sided where evil is called good and good called evil. To have them learn what service is truly about and have compassion and love for those they don't know. This is what I am supposed to be teaching them.

I never ever ever say anything negative about my husband!! Ever!! That is not my place nor is it anyone else's to hear. I honor and respect him every day. I try to serve him like the King he is. He has my heart and trust. I HIGHLY recommend the book The Power of a Praying Wife.

We are women of worth. Heavenly Father loves each of us so very much that we can't even begin to comprehend it all. Always remember whose and who you are! Even if you aren't a wife or a mother... you have such divine worth!!! We love you!!

No comments: