Monday, April 4, 2011

The best way to celebrate a birthday

Yesterday I shared my day doing something special...I got to be home with the people I love the most and listened to my favorite event of the year.. Conference.

I woke up and Ross made me my favorite breakfast, a smoothie. We had family scripture and prayer just before we settled in to watch Conference. I felt like a sponge and tried to soak everything in. I am thankful for the Ensign and LDS.org for making it available to read anytime and to reflect on the sweet messages that were spoken.

Ross fixed me one of my favorite dinners, a Korean Dish. It was yummy! Also, for the first time since I was 6 I didn't have my Angel Food Cake!! Actually, I didn't have a cake at all.. I didn't want one. Sometimes it is nice to break traditions...and create new ones.

I got a card from my kids, but the highlight of my day was receiving a beautiful letter from my sweetheart!! I will treasure it forever!!

I am so thankful to be here with my family. I love them more than words could ever express. I am grateful for all the emails, calls with birthday songs, texts and cards, I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and knows what we need. I love my Savior and Heavenly Father with all my heart. Thanks for making my day a very special one!!!

1 comment:

The Kelly Variety said...

Happy Birthday, sounds like it was great!