Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A New Chapter...


Today marks the first day of the rest of our lives.  Today is a special day.  Yesterday is history and tomorrow may not come, but I have today and that is what matters most.  Today is a gift from God.  I woke up this morning and I have the priviledge of knowing that things can start over and I can change things Today.  I woke up to a wonderful sound...it went something like this "Mom, it's time to get up, the sun is up and the moon is down, get up mom..."  Today is as bright as I make it to be.  I don't have to let myself worry about what may be or not be in the future.

  We get to start a new chapter in the book of our lives.  It made me realize just how blessed we are and that everything happens for a reason.  I am so thankful that my timing is not Heavenly Father's timing and that He has everything under control and all I have to do is put my complete trust in Him and that He knows what is best for us. 

Today I will focus on what matters most and put my negative thoughts in the dark room but this time I don't want them developed!  Today I will count my blessings, one by one and I know what the Lord has done.  I love my family.  I am so blessed to be called Mother and Wife.  I am blessed to be called your friend, thank you for letting me into your heart and putting up with my insecurities...ones that are fading away and being replaced by a sure knowledge that My Heavenly Father loves me and that I am worthy of His love and even yours.  I am blessed to be called your sister and your daughter.  My heart is open and I always have more room to fill it with your kindness and acceptance and love.

So, I will call Today my precious gift from a loving Heavenly Father and I am so excited to start a new chapter in our lives!!   Today I will love freely with no strings attached, I will give of my heart and my time and if nothing ever returns, mine is yours to keep.  So, enjoy today like there is no tomorrow and love every minute of it with your whole heart!!

No comments: