Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Duck, Duck...Quail


I don't think that I have had seen so many birds in the road in one day in a long time.  It was crazy!  The first ones were quail.  They are fast little buggers... and there was a momma quail crossing the road with her babies not to far behind.  I didn't stop in time and I hit her with the van, not the tires... I saw her in the mirror and I felt soo horrible!!

Then on the way home there was a pheasant which thankfully got across before I got there, and then just a few feet ahead were 2 ducks in the middle of the road!!  Crazy!!  Why did the birds cross the road??  So Amber could go crazy trying not to hit them!! LOL...  I am thankful that no one was behind me and I was able to slow down enough to scare the ducks away.  They are so pretty and I hate to hit anything unless necessary.  Besides, when you have ducks and pheasants in your back yard for training purposes and then beautiful pigeons... you kinda get a little attached!

No comments: