Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Crazy Day at the Zoo

















Saturday I decided that I would take Raelene and Brayden and go with my sister and her husband and daughter to the Zoo for the Easter egg hunt.  I felt like I was in Disney Land!! There were sooo many people there it was absolutely nuts!  The best part of the whole experience was the animals and watching them get their own Easter Baskets!  That is what this Lion was watching and waiting for and was so fun to watch.
















There was lots to do at the Zoo... and face painting was one of them.  What a cute lil' dragon.

















Raelene was really excited about getting her face painted... she is so pretty.

















She taught Brayden how to roll down the hill for the first time.  I think they enjoyed that as much as the Zoo!


































Is anyone steering this stroller?  Brayden insisted on pushing it and was so fun to watch!!

















We had a fun time that day despite the crowd.  I didn't get any pictures of the Easter Egg Hunt... that was ridiculous!! A swarm of parents and kids went out to collect the eggs and it was over in about 45 seconds!!  Brayden didn't get an egg so Katelin shared one of her 2 with him.  I won't be doing this again for Easter Egg Hunts.  Too crazy for my liking!  We ended up parking at one of the BSU campus parking lot which left us with a 10 min walk to the Zoo.  I got lots of exercise that day.. 3 hours of walking!!  It will be nice to go back on a day that is not quite so crazy!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

What fun we had that day.. I am so thankful for sweet memories that are created!

Anonymous said...

One of the enjoyable things about your blog is the memories it brings to us and how we relate to so many things you say and show. When we saw the picture of Brayden pushing the stroller I couldn't help but think of a photo I have of my sister pushing the 'buggy' in 1942 - oh how some things change but the basic needs and desires of life never change from generation to generation. We find such joy in our families and the litte things of life.

Love,
Mom