Sunday, August 30, 2009

How to make $25 go a LONG ways!


I love to hear about great deals... especially when I can take advantage of them! I have never really known how to take advantage of the coupons like you hear so much about, but I think I am starting to figure it out. I hope by what I post can help others save money.. as the old adage goes "A penny saved is a penny earned."


A friend had given me some coupons for Post Select Cereals. Buy 2 get a dollar off. She called me on friday and told me the sale goes until tuesday at Albertsons. I got off the phone with her and asked Ross if he would like to go on a date with me to the store to buy cereal. You should have seen the look on his face! It was only 10 pm... so off to save some money we went!

We spent $17 dollars that night and got 36 boxes of cereal. You buy 4 boxes at $10 and it takes an automatic $4 off plus spits off a $3 Catalina coupon. It tastes so good and is very low in sugar.

The next morning my friend gave me more coupons and it turned out we needed to go to Boise for school supplies for my new jr high student... Jerry. Off went Raelene, Brayden and I on our quest. I stopped by the Albertsons on State and 16th and I was sooo impressed with their hospitality and customer service!! There is another sale going on with cold cereal. Spend $25 in certain cereals (Rice Krispies, Corn flakes...) and you get 2 $5 coupons to spend on your next order. I had $3 coupon left over from the night before, used that on the $25 in cereal. Brought it down to $23.. need tax.. then was able to use my $5 Catalina's on my next two transactions on the Post Selects. Plus my $1 off 2 boxes coupons and ended up having them owe me so I needed to purchase something for .70. I got 16 boxes of cereal and 4 bottles of Propel water and a box of snack bars for .80! I ended up getting 26 boxes of cereal for what it would have cost me for the 10! I thought it was a pretty awesome deal so I went and did it again at another Albertsons on the way home except I ran out of coupons for the last 8 boxes.

I feel so blessed to have found this amazing deal! I want others to have the same blessings.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love to get that kind of deals. If you ever get extra coupons or want someone to go with you to get these great deals I would love to join. I would love to learn how to get all the great deals so that I can get the food for my family cheep and then I can have money to spend on food that I can eat.

Anonymous said...

Wow! It sounds complicated! Haha! But im sure i think to much! Brovo on a well done good savings! Sweet! I so need to learn the tricks! Awesome Job!
Your Friends!