Friday, March 13, 2009

Meeting an Apostle

As Ross was talking to me last night about the 12 Apostles and seeing if I could name them, it reminded me of the fact that we got to meet one last April.
In April of last year, on our way home from Disneyland, as Ross and I were coming down the ramp inside the airport, I noticed a gentleman that looked familiar. So, being the brave person that I am...haha.. I decided to call out his name to see if my instincts were correct. Sure enough, he turned around and said yes it was him. We had the blessing of meeting Elder Bednar that Sunday afternoon! He said he had just been in Meridian as they were reorganizing the stake there. He was headed back home.. we had a nice, but quick visit but one that will last in our memories forever! I felt the Spirit that day bear testimony to me of the truthfulness of the gospel and of the Lord's servants. I am grateful for that day and for having what one might call a "once in a lifetime experience!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The new header is great. Thanks for sharing your experience with Elder Bednar and thanks for all your wonderful blog! "Mom"