Friday, March 4, 2011

6 Weeks! I have come a long way and have much to be thankful for!




6 weeks ago tonight I had pancreatitis. 5 weeks ago I found out my numbers were headed back up so we had a family fast to know what to do. I received inspiration on what I should do and have stuck with it ever since. I don't juice as much as I did but here are the changes I have made:

No sugar. That means no sweets, anything that has high fructose corn syrup and all of its hidden names. I have had healthy cereal that has flax and pumpkin seeds in it with no added sugar. I have replaced that nasty white substance with Agave and Truvia and now have flavored Stevia extract coming.

No white flour at all!! Not even any bread, it bothers me. So I have been grinding up my own almond flour and have made yummy things with it!

No dairy. Oh, I had 2 slices of Provolone Cheese 3 weeks ago and one cheese stick because it was used in an emergency when sugar levels were tooo low. But that is all. No butter, Milk...

I use Bragg's Liquid Aminos in place of Soy sauce and make the best marinade! I get asked to give the recipe to all who try it... and Ross loves it!!

I have had lots of yummy and very healthy smoothies with our new BlendTec. I love it!!!

So.. I am doing great!! Its about time and I am so thankful for everything anand everyone for your love and prayers and service!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Job! Thanks for sharing. Do you blanch your almonds and remove the skin before you make the flour?

Love, Mom