Sunday, March 27, 2011

Falling lifted me up

Yesterday something wonderful and frightening happened to me. Rae had a friend over celebrating her birthday and she needed to go to the store for something. When we got there I decided to walk along the curb so as not to get all muddy. However I lost my balance and took the hardest fall I have had since I was pregnant with Jerry. I landed on my backside, back and right arm with full force. Both girls quickly came to my side and helped me up. But what was miraculous to me was the fact that I didn't hurt my tail bone or back whatsoever. I hurt my arm pretty good but nothing, amazingly was broken.


My tail bone and back should be really sore, I should have broke something, but My Guardian Angels came to my side once again and protected my spine and my arm, unfortunately my ego wasn't protected...:) It was a Testimony builder for me. Lately I have been studying the scriptures including the Bible, reading out of 2 really good books and praying more intently, sincerely and fervently than I have in years. That morning I prayed for the safety of my husband and kids and forgot to pray for my own, but Heavenly Father protected me too. I am so thankful for the guidance and protection He has given me. It is nothing short of a miracle to me what had taken place. To others it may sound trivial and of little importance or maybe even silly, but not to me. I know what it could have done to me and I am well even with a very sore arm and wrist, I couldn't be more thankful than I am right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got a busy guardian angel. Hope your elbow and wrest heals quickly and so thankful nothing was broken.

Love,
Mom

Gina Hallam said...

I'm so glad that you didn't get hurt worse than you did. It was so good to see you at church today :)