Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The invisible (and visible!) power of magnets


I have always been fascinated by the invisible force of magnetism. How something that can't be seen can be so powerful. And what is alot of fun is to turn them against one another and no matter how hard you try, they will never come together, in fact the other goes in the opposite direction trying to get away. I guess that is how we are as humans. No one likes to be forced to do something, especially against their will. And once turned against the other person, by trying to go after them and trying to change or force them, they will go in the opposite direction.

However if you stop trying to force something upon someone and you lovingly move towards them and invite them back with the pure love of Christ, and express a sincere apology, eventually they will return.

I witnessed another cause of magnets today. Brayden was having fun playing with a very strong magnet of Jerry's... however to my surprise I didn't know what he had tried it on. Then he turns the tv on and I see that a kid's face was purple, then green on another part of the screen...awww.. it hit me...He used it on the tv. Now I can't be mad at him for he didn't know and I had told him not to use it on the computer but forgot to mention the tv.. He was curious... like his favorite cartoon character, Curious George. Now he knows and I know what I should do next time. Lesson's learned:)

No comments: