Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Embarrasing Moments.. ya gotta love em'!

So I am pretty sure that noone else has embarrasing moments.. right? LOL!



Today was one of those days....

I called up this gal to meet her at a storage place in Kuna to look at flooring. She said to wait for her there and she would punch in the code to let me in behind her. I waited a few min and saw a gal pull in. She waved and I proceeded to follow her. She slowed down and stopped in front of the storage units. I naturally stopped as well. Then she took off slowly and then turned the corner, slowed down and then sped up again. She went around a couple of times each time a little faster than before. Finally she stopped in front of a unit and I figured maybe she couldn't remember which one it was... (I have never had that problem before lol!)

She stepped out of her car, I followed and she said may I help you? I asked if she was Sandy and she said no. Holy COw! I felt dumb! I probably scared the tar out of her!!

Now I had one problem... I could not leave because you need the code to get out.. I called and told her what I had done and she laughed.. so did I. I couldn't imagine what was going on in that lady's mind! I might have thought the same thing!

I am thankful I can laugh about it!!!

Here is a little joke for you..

A preacher was completing a temperance sermon; with great expression he said, "If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river."

With even greater emphasis he said, "And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river."

And then finally, he said, "And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river."

He sat down.

The song leader then stood very cautiously and announced with a smile, "For our closing song, let us sing Hymn # 365: "Shall We Gather at the River."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised she even got out of her car to talk to you. I'm also curious what room - rooms needs flooring? It is exciting that you are working to maintain your home. We had to chuckle at the joke. Have a great day and please tell Jerry we wish him luck in his last game. Wish we could of seen him play.

Love,
Mom

Gina Hallam said...

It's good that we can laugh about our embarassing moments after they're over.... lol... I'm sure it was so nervewracking though for both of you.

Angie said...

Ha! I'm glad everyone came away laughing.