Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Running his guardian angel tired...

I cannot begin to say just how many times we have had such very close calls. As Ross put it a few years ago... our guardian angels will feel like they are resting once we get called home. I am sure that they work overtime just for our family alone, let alone everyone else they protect.

Ross went up to Cascade last night to bring up Jerry so he could spend a couple of nights at Grandma and Grandpas house and so that Ross could help his dad cut horses. (Until I met Ross I had no idea that meant to turn them into boys instead of men...) I knew he would be late getting home but had no idea he wouldn't be back until 12:30 AM only to get up at 5 am for work, until I called up there to see if he had left and it was 10:30 and was still there. He told me he was getting doctored up, I asked what for and he said that one of the horses he was working on kicked him in his stomach and left arm really hard. His arm doesn't look pretty at all. He hurts but says he will be fine. We are very thankful and relieved that he didn't end up in the hospital. It seems like he gets kicked almost every time he helps with the horses, but at least it hasn't been anything serious.

I am grateful that he was watched over and that he was not seriously hurt. I am thankful that Dad wasn't hurt as well. I know Heavenly Father watches over his children. I love him with all my heart and love my Heavenly Father.

Now he is out there unloading a pickup bed full of gravel for the dog kennel that he needs to build tonight but he sure didn't want to go out there he said for he hurts plenty. Sometimes I wish we had someone really close to us (next door) who could just pop on over and help him even though I know he doesn't like to ask. I just am grateful for all he does for us. He serves unconditionally every day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so Glad to hear he is watched and cared for! And good parents to make it all better! You know Amber we are home and just a phone call away! When my Husband was away Ross and Rae were right over! Please let us know when we can do the same! Text me or call me!
You are in our thoughts and prayers!
Love Your Friends!

Anonymous said...

You bless our lives with your help. It makes us ache phyically and emotionally when there are injuries.

Love,
Mom