Tuesday, August 2, 2011

These things shall be for your good...

I was reading the New Era today and came across an article that said these things shall be for your good.  I know deep down that is true.  I never question why things happen to me.  Honest..

But, I will say that I think or I would like to think that I have been learning from my trials.  I have had a lot of health trials this year and I am honestly ready to be healthy for a long long time.

I have struggled lately with my back, I know, its nothing new but it has been very bad.  Then I hurt it really bad trying to do something nice for my husband while he was away at Scout Camp last week along with JErry. 

Then I ended up in the hospital for a bit saturday night with Severe back pain, couldn't move back pain and I have a bad kidney infection.  Hence why I am up right now... both kidneys hurt.  But like all other times I will triumph from this.  I will be the better person because of it, but it has taught me alot of things.

1. I need to swallow my pride and ask for help even when I don't feel like others want to help because I know that they have helped so much already.... but also to pray about who I should ask because even just one time asking someone could be one time too many and I don't like to burden anyone at all
2. rely on my help at home
3. Things really don't need to be done as badly as I think they should... or at least some of them don't... so prioritize and then let those who are capable of doing it do it
4. Stick with the things that I CAN do that don't hurt me or hurt very little
5. My kids are learning how to serve and do things that alot don't have to learn at such an early age

I am always so very very thankful for anyone who offers their help.  Its always easier to be the one giving it than to be the one receiving it but I don't want to deny anyone blessings either.  I thank those who have helped so much and our neighbors have been that huge help lately....

I know that I will have good health one of these times, but I will continue to focus on what is right with my body.. or should I say I will continue to work at focusing on what is right with me instead of what is wrong.

I am thankful that these things are helping me be a better person and also blessing my family to become better and stronger and have more compassion. 

1 comment:

Gina Hallam said...

My friend, you are a strong woman. I know that you can overcome any of the trials that Heavenly Father gives to you. He knows you and he's making such a beautiful masterpiece :) Love you tons sweet lady!!!!