Sunday, August 14, 2011

Affection

We are a very affectionate family... we love to hug and be close to one another.  My children are affectionate as well... my boys are more so than my girl...imagine that!! I did not grow up in an affectionate home, it was just the opposite.  But I was always so willing to show and receive it though.

I married a husband who thankfully has made up for all those years!!  He loves to show affection in public which I deeply love.  I know that it embarrasses our kids but I know that deep down they appreciate it.  It is very healthy for them to see their parents show love in public.

SO this leads us to what happened last night....  I am not sure how it came up but Ross was sitting next to Brayden who was sitting next to me and he asked if he knew that Daddy loves Mommy. Brayden said yes, then Ross said how?  Brayden said, well, dad because I am a smart boy!  Yes you are Dad said, but how do you know, what does daddy do to show you that I love mom?  Well.... you kiss her.  But I don't like you kissing mommy, daddy, I can kiss her but not you.".... So Ross goes to kiss me and Brayden runs out of the room as fast as he can into our bedroom and shuts the door and says yuck!    Ross said he was done and Brayden opens the door and says, phew... I am glad.... Too funny, he finally agreed that both him and dad could kiss mom!

I love my husband more than words could ever begin to express.  I love the fact that he loves me and loves to show his love for me in public and behind closed doors,... I am so thankful that every day he tells me that I am beautiful and I am starting to slowly believe him....( it melted my heart that when we first started dating he told his mom that he wanted to love all my hurt away)... I was told every day of my life that I was ugly and would never amount to anything.. but look at me now...( I wasn't saying look at my physical side....) I have everything anybody could ever dream of, a gorgeous, loving,eternal husband and 3 beautiful, sweet children.  I have a testimony of the Savior and am working on having good health...a family who loves me and friends who accept me for who I am,  what could be better than this???!!!


I love my children with all my heart.  I am blessed to have such a special family and to be called Wife and Mother are the greatest callings on earth!!

2 comments:

Parley and Anna said...

Loved this post! You are so special Amber and I'm glad you have married someone who sees that! ;)

Amber said...

Thank You Anna! You are always so very sweet to me!! I think you are very special too. We are both blessed with amazing husbands who see us for who we really are. Sometimes it is just hard for us to see what they already know to be true. Miss ya!