Thursday, October 14, 2010

Nothing like making a special gift for a special Mom

This was the first time I had ever attempted something like this.  I took the kids up to Cascade last week to spend time with Ross' parents and his youngest sister and her 2 little adorable children from Utah, who just recently moved from Tennessee.  We had such a great time, even though I wasn't able to help like I wanted to, it was so nice just to be there with them.

While there I wanted to finish my gift I was making in time for Mom's birthday.  Between lots of sewing and laying down in between I got most of it finished before I left and then Mom did the binding for me yesterday.  I was able to quilt it tonight when she came by and visited for a while and so thankful that I could.

I think it turned out pretty good for my first try.  Jerry said that it looks too pretty for a table runner... what say you??  I love to sew even if it takes me a while to do so.. it brings such joy to my heart.

Thank you Mom for giving me the opportunity to do something like this for you.  Thank you Corrine for all your great ideas on what to do on it and for putting up with me.  I love you all with all my heart.



5 comments:

Matt & Corrine said...

I'm so excited that y'all finished it. It looks great!! I'm so impressed, particularly with your disappearing nine patch. I think it's one of my favorite designs! Thanks for such a fun week. I enjoyed watching and learning with you. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you had it on your blog before we even got home. Thanks again for a useful beautiful birthday gift.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Awesome my Friend! Never seen her just have read her sweet words! You are so Blessed with a wonderful mother in law! Glad she Loved it! Good Job Amber!
Shaha

Anonymous said...

looks great

Anonymous said...

very nice. it's fun watching you put new stuff up on your blog.
love ya!
Celina