Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bats, Pumpkins, Ghosts Oh My! I love Halloween!

~ PUMPKIN TIME ~




Pumpkin time is here again,

Time to play Trick or Treat.

Pumpkin time is here again,

Our spooky friends we'll meet.



See the costumes we have on,

Monsters, ghosts, goblins too.

See the costumes we have on,

Hear us all shout "Boo!"



 
I love Halloween.. I love the feeling in the air, mostly I think because it is fall time and the days are cooler and alittle crisp, the smells of the pumpkins and spices filling the air.  The anticipation of being able to dress up and play the character of whomever we choose and not be thought of as silly, to decorate our homes in a fun and cute kinda spooky way.
 
I love the imaginations that people have and put to use this time of year.  The carving of pumpkins brings so much fun to kids and parents alike.
 
It brings back so many good memories as a child.  My grandmother used to make my costumes and the one I remember the most was the witches mask made out of a clorox bleach container and she made hair and things out of it.
 
Raelene and I spent some fun time together last night decorating our house.  I also made the halloween table runner.
 


 
So.. come if you dare for you might get a scare!  Come by and see if you dare take a peek at what our house may be....Happy Haunting and safe trick or treating this Halloween!  May I be priviliged to see your fun creations this year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SppOooky! You Girls did Great! Way to enjoy the mama daughter moment! Shaha

Anonymous said...

Well,
I just got caught up on your blog. I love it! It is so festive. You have some amazing decoraions! I especially like the spiderweb bowl and the pumpkin lamps/candle holders. Where do you find such cute decorations? I am so impressed with all your sewing. I absolutely love your jean quilt! It is so classy! All the seasonal things are darling too. you did a great job on the table runners. Raelene did a fabulous job on those no bake cookies. It looks like I need her recipe because mine never turn out that perfect. So thoughtful of her to do that for Brayden. Anyway, I was a few posts behind. It was fun to catch up. Hope you have a great day! Love ya!
Sondra