Sunday, September 26, 2010

"Sew" Much Fun!

My dad had given me a nice sewing/embroidery machine a couple weeks ago and I have been really enjoying my new machine and very appreciative of this wonderful gift.  So far I have made a jean quilt for Jerry and 4 table runners in the last week and a half on it.  The kids are equally excited to use it and Raelene even helped me make a table runner last week. 

The only draw backs that I can find with sewing is that ...
1.  I didn't realize how much of a perfectionist I was until it came to sewing.. and believe me I am not typically a perfectionist in anything! So it has been kind of funny seeing me this way and I still don't have the stuff I have made done perfectly....
2.  It is very addictive!  I can't wait to do more and dream at night about what I am doing and want to do!
3.  I find that if I start something I want to finish it that day and with the table runners I have been able to do so, very rewarding...(The Jean quilt I made for Jerry for Christmas.. and btw.. I am making all my kids one for Christmas and yes they know.. took me only 3 days to make.)

But, I really enjoy my sewing time, it is very rewarding for me and it is something that my back allows me to do.  I don't do it every day, but it is wonderful to me to be able to create something and hopefully have it turn out beautifully and that others will benefit from it and enjoy it as well.  I hope you enjoy the pictures of what I have made so far and don't tire from seeing them....




3 comments:

Matt & Corrine said...

Great job Amber! I'm so glad to see the fun you're having. Your binding looks great!

The Kelly Variety said...

Keep up the good work! I have a love/hate relationship with sewing - Love to sew and love the finished product, but. . .I hate that it takes so much time and money to make it how I really want it to look.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Looks Awesome! Getting Lots of Compliments!! Lol
Your Awesome! Keep up the Love!
Shaha