Saturday, September 11, 2010

New...

Lots of new and wonderful things have been happening lately.  The ones that are closest to my heart and mean the most are:
1. My Dad and I got together and met some new cousins a couple weeks ago.  In the process of being at my Dad's Sister's house I met my Uncle for the first time.
2. A door opened up for me and my dad to be able to talk.  We talked for 2 hours at his house that day and I didn't want it to end.  He apologized for things and so did I.  He opened up about his child hood which he cried and I cried.  It was so good for the both of us.  For the first time in my entire life I felt loved by my Dad.  He wants the relationship to be repaired and to move forward.  You have no idea how much this means to me.
3. My Aunt is wanting to teach me how to sew.. and a friend in our ward is currently helping me to make my first quilt!!  It is a rag tie quilt out of flannel.
4. I am learning to sew and just ordered my first sewing machine thanks to the wonderful advice of my sweet sister ( in law) and it should be here in a couple weeks.
5. We were able to go to the Temple on Tuesday in support of Janeen's birthday and Jerry and Raelene did the baptisms for my Grandparents and so forth.  That was a very emotional and spirtiually uplifting day! They did a total of 12.
6. A new puppy has joined our home.. he is so cute and so much joy!
7. I started PT for my low back 2 weeks ago.  Some times I am making a little progress, others not so well.  As soon as the painful spasms subside we can do more strengthening.  I am in high hopes.. for something needs to change for the better.
8. Rae took these pictures of our beautiful roses outside, they still had rain drops on them.
9. Jerry and Rae participate in their first Road Show tomorrow night up at the Church.  I am excited to see it !


I have so many things to be thankful for.  My family, Ross' family and sweet friends who have adopted me as their sister...Thank you for your patience with me.  Thank you for loving me and putting up with me.  I love you all so much!

2 comments:

Matt & Corrine said...

I'm so excited for you to get your machine. I hope it works great for you and that you have so much fun learning!! I expect to see some completed projects on your blog! BTW, the blanket I made for y'all was made on my machine (the same as your's). Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Your family is sooo Blessed! Its so great to see that you are so Appreciative! Love your family!
Love your friends!
Beautiful Pics Rae! The roadshow was soo fun Good Job Rae and Jerry!