Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sometimes you just need to be a kid once in a while...




Today didn't start out how I had wanted it to.  In fact, it was quite stressful!  I didn't know whether I was coming or going... where I was going to, what time I was going and if I was going!!  Our dog Kato has been sneezing alot this week and I knew that could really only mean one thing... cheat grass.  Which to a dog is deadly.  He has only gotten worse so I knew I needed to get him in, and soon.  My Mom called last night to let me know that My Great Aunt was up from Texas and wanted to see us while she is in town.  Which was today.  No problem, thought I... didn't have a single thing planned until this morning.

I called the Vet and they said they could get him in this morning.  I called Ross... he said ok that should work.  Then I called Ross again saying that our other dog was sneezing... and he said ok get them both in but we don't have $400!!   Then he called me back and asked if they could do his PIN Hip test... They said no, Ross said why?  He was quite frustrated at this point!! As was I beginning to be... so he called a different vet... called me back and said to take Kato to the first one and not worry about Kreitn yet.  Ok.. finally I knew what I was doing and where I was going... my sister said she would pick up our Mom and bring her to her house. 

After getting to my sister's I could finally relax!  In fact, I had quite the fun time there.  Even sneaked some oreos and milk with my Mom and Sister!  I played with my neice, nephew and Brayden, had a wonderful time visiting my Aunt Marie!  Who is still going strong at almost 91!  I hope to have half her spunk and vitality at her age!

Came home and had the Van die on me on the way home... now we need to get that fixed! Oh well... nothing can get me down!!  And I played the game M.A.S.H. with Raelene and found out that I am married to Ross, have 5 kids, live in an Apartment and drive a Lexus and am a Photographer!!  It is fun to play around and just be sillly once in a while!!  I am realizing that I am doing ok as a Mother, that I don't really need the aproval of others and that I just need to do the best that I can do.  Not compare my weaknesses to other's strengths.

How blessed I am to be alive and have the family that I do!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber!
Nice to see you count your Blessings and see that Family is the reason! Our trials may feel never ending but with family and friends it seems easier and not so bad!! Way to keep a positive outlook! Love your friends!!
Love your blog!

Angie said...

Good job on your blog Amber. I'm sorry we haven't been in touch...