Sunday, November 1, 2009

Don't wish your life away...



I remember being just a little girl when my grandmother told me one day not to wish my life away. Being the smart little girl that I was, I said"what do you mean?" She told me that I always wished I were older, wishing that I could go do this or that. I thought it was just silly what she was saying until one day I realized that she was right!

Now I find myself saying the same things to my children as my grandmother said to me..."Don't wish your life away!" Live in the now, not in the future. True, we need to hope for the future but live for the moments we have this very day.

I am now in my thirties (shh.. don't tell anyone.. I am still 21!) and I find myself with some changes coming up on me pretty quickly. My oldest will be a TEENAGER in less than 6 months... my daughter will be leaving Primary in 4 months, and my youngest will be leaving Nursery and venturing off to the big Primary in 2 months!!
WHERE OH WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE.. OH WHERE OH WHERE COULD IT BE??! I find myself singing that almost every day!!

Wasn't I just a kid in the 4th grade, enjoying my time with my friends and my grandparents, getting spoiled with licorice and ice cream, not worrying about anything else than the scrapes on my knees from falling down being clumsy?

Or spending countless hours sitting on my Grandpa's lap just enjoying the day knowing that I was special in his eyes. Or making Popcorn every friday night at my grandparents home and then watching some fun show on tv that night. Remembering my grandpa telling me that I needed to eat something for lunch before my dad came and picked me up to go fishing along the Snake River, for if I didn't the fish wouldn't bite because they would know that I would be hungry!

I am so thankful for all my wonderful memories growing up.. now I get to create new ones with my very own family and watch them go thru the things that I was able to experience. May I always live for the now and look forward to a fun filled, special future that is awaiting me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I should be addressing Lou or Amber? Is this fun filled special future that is awaiting you for Lou?
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Exactly! Love your Words of Wisdom!
What Wonderful Memories! Enjoy your Family Now! Love you Guys! Your Friends!!