Monday, November 2, 2009

Close call























On saturday my sweet husband and his close friend were able to get their first elk on the Butte here in Emmett.  It was a blessing from Heavenly Father no doubt.  I know that He knows that we need the meat this year and it was a prayer answered by His love.

Ross called me that afternoon to let me know that they had both good news and bad news.  Good news was that they both shot their elk.  Bad news was Joe almost died out there.  Ross had to finish taking care of 2 elk by himself.  Joe was cutting into the elk when his knife slipped and severed his left arm.  It was bad enough that Ross was actually scared.  He is never scared.  He said that he bled like a stuck pig.  Thankfully Joe had a piece of bailing twine in his back pocket and Ross was able to use that as a turnicate.

If Ross hadn't have been there with him, he would have literally bled to death.  Ross came home and told me that he really thought he was going to lose his friend right then and there.  I know that he was watched over that day. 

I know that Ross has had many close calls himself and has scared me nearly half to death!  I am so grateful for our guardian angels.  I know that Ross was there for a reason.  I am grateful that Joe is doing alright considering the circumstances.  I am thankful for good friends in our life.. for all of them.  Now hopefully we won't have any more close calls for a long time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats to Ross on his first elk! How is Joe now? Will he still have full use of his arm.
The new header is real cute, esecially Brayden hugging the pumpkin.

Love,
Sondra

Anonymous said...

Awesome Ross! We are keeping Joe in our prayers! What Blessings Friends are For! Yeah! The new header is cute & Brayden hugging the pumpkin is adorable!
Hope you all are doing well!
Your Friends!