Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Can I please wash the dishes?



So over a week ago our dishwasher decided to go to appliance heaven.  It was great.. ok not really.  It is amazing how blessed we are and what we take for granted.  I have been doing dishes by hand, which I know others have done that for years.. but let's face it, it is so much nicer to do them in under an hour and have energy and physical strength to play with kids.  I am not complaining.  It has made me more appreciative of how easy we have it.  I am grateful for the food that we have to eat that causes dirty dishes.  It is also a great way to sanitize your dishes.


But I do look forward to the day when we can get a new one.  So I have struggled with getting the kids motivated about helping with that ever so mundane but necessary chore!  Well if I would have known that all it would take to get excited about washing dishes by hand would be to buy a dish brush that holds soap, I would have done it years ago!!  I love the simplemindedness of kids.  Raelene asked me tonight if she could wash dishes tonight and tomorrow night and even friday night!  I said sure, what I really wanted to say was "No, I don't want you washing dishes, you are not supposed to be that excited to do so!"  I am so grateful for such wonderful children.  I feel so blessed!  If only I would have been half that way growing up!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber your blog is absolutely amazing - My desire is to have it all in a wonderful book form. Are you keeping all of it in book form? How do you do it. I want all of it in a book that you can heft, read and set down. Is that going to be possible? I really enjoy the music also.

Love,
Mom

Amber said...

Thanks Mom,
It is good to be reminded once in awhile that what we create adds to someone's life besides your own. I am not sure by what you mean a bout book form.. saving it, yes. Thank you for everything. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I want a hard copy of it that I can hold and read. It doesn't have to be a bound book it can be a binder with the printed pages in it. Just a printed copy to hold and read and save. I have found over the years that technology changes so much that what we have saved electronically in a few years it is a challenge to have the equipment to read it. You put in so much work in creating these pages there should be a printed copy of them. Also I have responded to your e-mail but they are not being delivered. I'm confused about it all. I will talk with Ed and see if he can explain it to me.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

You are a Blessed Friend! You have a Wonderful Family! Sweet Spirit! & Love your Friendship!
Love your Friends!
p.s I like your page!

Anonymous said...

yeah i guess i liked the brush. Anyway you did awonderful job!! Love u soo much!!

Love,
Raelene