Sunday, June 5, 2011

Tables Turned....

Tomorrow is a big day for us.  The tables have turned, now I get to be the one who anxiously waits for the Dr to come and tell me that everything went good during surgery.  I have never been in a waiting room before, waiting for the patient to wake up and be able to go see them.  Unfortunately Ross has been on the receiving end of that way too many times!

So we head off first thing tomorrow morning to take the kids to my sister's to spend the night, then to our Chiropractor to put one of Ross' ribs back in place( I keep telling him that he gave me the wrong rib or that it is feeling lonely), then to Costco for pellets for the BBQ then to the Surgery Center where he will go under for about an hour.  True it is not a major surgery, but surgery is surgery.  In fact, I am more nervous than Ross is.  I am so thankful for the Priesthood, Ross' Brother gave him a Blessing early this morning and it meant so much to the both of us.  What a special experience for both parties.

After tomorrow he is not able to lift more than 7 pounds for the first 4 weeks.  I am thankful that it is during Spring Break and that the kids get to be here to help serve their Dad.  I am thankful for sweet friends who live close by who have offered their help for us all.  For family for their prayers and love and support.  I know that this will all work out and that great blessings will come from our trials.  There are alot of changes coming up and some that have already happened... Ross' last day of work was this past thursday.  I look to the future with bright hope and unwaivering faith.

So keep us in your prayers for tomorrow that all will go well and smooth.  I know I will be a bit nervous waiting to hear, but at the same time will try to keep myself filled with peace.

No comments: