Thursday, April 8, 2010

Not your typical birthday!

So.. things didn't go as planned for Jerry's birthday or my birthday.
Everyone asked me if I had big plans for my birthday.. little did I know what that really meant!!
We were getting ready to take Jerry to dinner and a movie for his 13th birthday on Friday when all of a sudden I felt very sick and then excrutiating pain followed.  I took some nausea medicine and a couple of pain meds in hopes that I could hold off long enough to celebrate our son's special day.  After no avail, Ross decided enough was enough and he took me to the Hospital in Meridian.  They tried 5 different times to get my pain under control and nothing would work.  They admitted me and I spent the night without my kids, and that was the first time they had stayed by themselves over night at home.  The next day I was scheduled for Gall bladder surgery.  I am so grateful to Ross' sister Tammy for taking our kids in for the weekend and making them feel welcomed and at home.  I am thankful for all the birthday wishes on that day, for it sure didn't feel like my birthday!!  I was nervous, scared, anxious, hopeful, all in the same day.  We met with the Surgeon for the first time and felt like this was the right thing to do.  It took just under an hour and I did good considering.  I never do great when I wake up.. my vitals always drop after surgery due to the pain meds.  I couldn't wait to see Ross.  I am a NUT after I have surgery... you  might as well not call, or stop by as long as I am on pain meds if you want me to remember!! My poor husband kept saying yes dear, you asked me that 5 times!! Or you told me that or talked to so and so.... he deserves something special for putting up with me!!  I fall asleep in the middle of eating, talking to someone.... I am severely itchy, irritable, emotional, nice... and annoying when on medication from having surgery.  Memory loss... oh yeah memory loss!!!

I want to say thank you to everyone who called, visited, took care of my children, fed us, gave us cards, sent us their love... you all mean so much to me!!! I couldn't have done it without any of you!!  Tammy for taking care of our children and including them in your Easter celebration, My Mom and Step dad for being there for surgery and staying a while, All the birthday calls and concerned calls,( Corrine, Shane, Christine, Tammy, and all my friends and family...)  Becky and Gomer for bringing dinner on Sunday and visiting, Carla for surprising me with dinner and a visit on Sunday, My visiting Teacher and her husband for offering to clean our home on Monday and making dinner, Shaha for taking Brayden Monday and tuesday and for dinner on Monday, Angie for taking Brayden on Wed and bringing dinner on Tues, Gina for bringing dinner on Wed and picking up prescription, Mom and Dad for stopping  by to see how I was doing and bringing milk, eggs and wonderful homemade bread, phone calls from family and friends this week to see how I and the family are doing, Sondra for offering meal and to want to come by, my dear children for helping with the house, Brayden, for helping me and dad, for putting up with me! My sister for offering to take Brayden and for calling me each day to see how I am.  ANd for my dear, sweet husband... who has stood by me thru all of this.. I know that this is very hard on him.  He has served me more than I could ever repay him.  He has stayed by my side thru more sickness than I have had health, put up with my body, emotions and me.  Loved me unconditionally better than anyone could or would.  I know he has suffered and he deserves so much more.  I love him with all my heart.  I pray that I can serve him and love him better each day.

This was the last thing they could take out of me.  Things will be different in my diet from now on they say.  I am thankful that I have the pain from surgery to heal from for that will go away!!  I am grateful for my body and to be alive.  I am so thankful for all my sweet family and friends.  Now my x rays will look a little different from now on.. our bodies are truly amazing!!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you Amber. Keep getting strong and well.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

At least things are only looking up! You deserve to be Happy and Feel Great! Just glad to serve our friends and looks like Everyone who cares and loves you did their sweet service of love as well!
Love you guys
Your Friends!