Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hard to come, easy to go!

All my life I have struggled with weight.. gain that is.  I have been on the other end of the scale.. trying desperately hard to gain.  If I miss a couple meals, I lose about 5 pounds, if I miss 4 or 5 days worth I have lost up to 20 in that time frame.  This is not something that is easy for me to talk about... unless there is someone who shares this same emotional, physical struggle as I.  If I share it with those who have the opposite challenge, they have a hard time understanding why I am so frustrated, disappointed and worried about it.  But it is still an emotional/physical struggle/ challenge nonetheless. It makes you weak when you lose too much weight or are too thin.  And then if you get an illness, that really takes a toll on your health and body.   You begin to value your outer beauty on how much you weigh or don't weigh.  Then others come up and say you look too thin...so you think to yourself( I am ugly then.)  Why do we do these things to ourselves?  Why must the weight we are determine our self worth?  Can't I be just as happy with myself when I weigh 130 vs 135 or 140? 

As women we have the disadvantage of what the world's opinion of beauty is.  There is so much pressure put on us to be the perfect model... I beg to differ with that popular view.  Inner beauty lasts so much longer than outer.  And yes, it is possible to have both.  All my family and friends are that way.  Both inner and outer beauty.

I say it is time for me to throw out the scale and just go by how I feel physically and mentally about myself.  Its not healthy for anyone to lose too much weight and I do know that we need to be aware of where we are, but maybe in a different way or not as often as the usual way.  Our Heavenly Father looks at us differently than we do.  We need to see our worth thru His eyes.  And like my husband has always told me.. if you feel beautiful then you act that way and it makes your husband feel good because you finally start to see what he has seen all along.  I love him so much and so thankful that he sees me as my Heavenly Father does and of course in a right and different way:) It is time I start to believe both of them.  ANd that is very hard for us women to do.  But may all the wonderful ladies in my life know that I believe that you are so beautiful on the inside as well as the outside and let your light and beauty shine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Most importantly it matters what you feel!! :) You are a Strong Beautiful Woman and you are truly Blessed! Your right as long as we love ourselves thats what makes us Happy inside and out! We are not perfect! How boring would that be!! :)
Love your friends!

Parley and Anna said...

Right on. I'm still going to keep my scale, but I definitely need to work on the loving myself inthe way Heavenly Father does!
Thanks for the reminder!