Sunday, February 5, 2012

Disappearing Nine Patch Bag...1st stage


I have wanted to make a disappearing 9 patch bag for some time now and I finally had the opportunity to make one!  I am trading this for some Michael Buble cds! It has been fun making it and right now I just have the outside done...however I experienced something new while making the  pockets for the inside...I discovered that by placing your finger underneath the sewing needle while it is in fast motion it can go almost thru your nail and finger!  Luckily I was using a denim needle or it would have broken it off in my finger and nail.  ( my sister in law did just that while in high school... All I can say is ouch!  And mine hurt like it did, I cant begin to imagine how she felt!  I guess you could say that we really do like to put our blood,sweat, and tears into our work!  But this time I didn't cry ( which I honestly rarely do when it comes to pain, now touching moments or sad movies and whatnot, I am a lost cause!)  Anyway, here are a couple of pics of the outside....