Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Solo...

This past week has been a character building week. Ross left last Thursday early afternoon with his parents to help them with the construction of their new home in Montpelier, Id and also to help calve. I am finally doing a bit better, but really struggled last weak physically which in turn made it more difficult on me emotionally having my sweet husband away until tomorrow night when he finally returns!

Bonuses have been worth the challenge tho... my daughter and I are closer than ever, I get to spend one on one time with them. I Am the most blessed Mother in the whole world! I have felt their love for me more this past week and I cherish the time I have with them! They jump in and help without being asked, we had FHE with Daddy over the speaker phone last night, prayers nightly with him via the phone, We have Scriptures nightly, Rae has planned her birthday party all on her own for this Friday. I honestly do not know what I did to deserve such an incredible, self less, full of charity, service, blessed, most loving and loveable, kind, giving family as I have right now!!!

All and all, the dogs haven't been too bad....although our front yard was filled with goats the other night! And yes, that did get my goat, for the dogs went absolutely NUTS!!! But the neighbor was very receptive and kind about us letting her know that her goats were out and in our yard.

I had a beautiful and fun 2 hour talk yesterday with one of my sweet sister in laws.. ( i just don't like referring to them as my in laws... they are my family). It was well needed and I appreciated it more than she will ever know!

My goal is to attend all of Sacrament Meeting this coming Sunday. It has been since September that I was able to attend all of my meetings... so I am looking forward to listening to the messages for as long as I can handle sitting.

Some days are much better than others. I take each moment by moment and appreciate the times that I feel as good as I do.. I am grateful for the pain scale to go down from a 15 or 20 to a 7 or 8.. I count my blessings when I am able to stand for 20 min to do dishes!:) I have no idea how much longer it will be, but I know it is for a reason and I don't complain, just looking forward to being much healthier and less pain. I count my blessings for I know that it could be so much worse!

I am so grateful for my calling as a Wife and a Mother, there is no other calling that is as noble, challenging and rewarding in my opinion!! I just pray that I am better at it than the day prior.

I love each and every one of my family, extended family and friends with all my heart. I am so thankful for your support, prayers, love, service and for putting up with me! If I don't call, it is not because I don't wish to, or not even really because too busy, but I never like to call when I am really struggling...it is my own quirkiness.... Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers daily!!

4 comments:

Gina Hallam said...

You are so very blessed to have such wonderful, helpfull children :) They are also blessed to have such an amazing mom :) Love ya tons!!!

Chelsea and Shane said...

Hey Amber, we are thinking of you. I'm sure you are excited for Ross to return home. You are an amazing mom... keep you head up high and remember you are loved!!!

Anonymous said...

That was awesome mom! yes i did feel closer to u also!! love u lots!!!

love,
raelene

Anonymous said...

It is so good to enjoy such a happy positive blog. We love you Amber.

Mom