Thursday, February 26, 2009

The things that I am not...

So I have been thinking today and lately about the things I am not considered to be good at by the world's standards..
I am not a seamstress, however I try each day to sew seeds of hope, love, encouragement, peace, kindness and faith in my family.
I am not a musician, but I try to create harmony within my family and listen to the sounds of laughter, joy, sorrow and hope that each day brings.
I am not a professional photographer. I do try to capture the moments of our family's life that will last forever in my mind and also archive them for future references.
I am not an artist. But I do try to help cultivate the different talents that my children have and teach them to see the beauty all around them. I do not create any masterpieces that would win me a ribbon or medal, however, I am in the process of creating 3 beautiful masterpieces that will take me a life time! Their names are: Jerry, Raelene and Brayden!
I am not a chef or a professional baker. Although there are times that my family wishes I was! But I try to take the many different ingredients in life such as: love, patience, charity, honesty, integrity, endurance and hope and bake up something wonderful that will last forever.
I am not a beauty pagent winner. But to my Heavenly Father and my husband I am beautiful and that is what is most important to me to remember about beauty. Not only that but to teach my children that true, lasting beauty comes from within.
So even though I may not have the things that the world says I should, I try to do the best I can in my Heavenly Father's eyes and teach my children the things that He would have me teach them. I am grateful for my blessings. I am grateful to be a wife of an amazing husband and a mother to 3 beautiful, wonderful children of God!

No comments: