Sunday, December 5, 2010

Snow days and decorating the tree

The kids were so excited to have their first snow days ever!  The last time we had this much snow was 8 years ago and I love it!  I love how pretty it is, I just wish it would stay off the roads, I don't think that is too much to ask do you?

Jerry had a couple friends over the other day on the one snow day and they and Rae had so much fun!  I even played for a couple minutes and then just had fun taking pictures.













One of my favorite parts about this wonderful Season is watching the kids decorate the tree.


But I have to tell a quick story about our tree and leading up to it.  I experienced a lot of firsts while up there this year.  First, this was Mom and Dad's first Thanksgiving at their house.  We enjoyed all those who were there and missed those who couldn't make it.  Then we went to Donnely on Friday to round up the horses and bring them to Mom and Dad's.  When we got there I really had to use the bathroom... and we looked at the out house and Sondra and I found animal tracks leading up to it and a hole in it so we decided that definitely I would not go there!  So I had to go outside in the snow for my first time!!


Then Ross got on Shadow and helped his dad try to round up the horses to put them in the corral along with Bryce and it was neat to see the grandkids and Tammy, Craig, Sondra, Christine and others block off the way so the horses won't go that direction.  When the horses did come the beautiful sight of them running in the snow reminded me of the scene in The Man From Snowy River when the horses were running in the snow.  It was almost magical!  When they finally decided to cooperate (Ross,Craig and Calvin lead them with hay in their hands to the corral with Dad on horseback making sure they made it.) I was in the truck with Mom and Brayden asleep on my lap, Dad loaded up the first round and I have never been in a vehicle that had horses in it.  It was interesting driving home with them moving all around! 


Now to the tree.... Ross said he rode on horseback (Shadow) for about a mile in thesnow looking for the perfect tree for me.. how romantic!!  And he did find the perfect one!!  It is so big, and full and beautiful with pinecones on it!!!

It took 5 strands of lights, 6 boxes of tinsel, over 200 ornaments and we still have room for more!  I love it!  I have a humidifier on it to help it from drying out since it is in the room with the woodstove.  I love this time of year!!!  Also, something that I have enjoyed doing since I was a little girl and that is I love to turn off all the lights at night and just sit and enjoy looking at the beautiful tree with the lights reflecting on the ornaments and the walls.  There is something so peaceful and rejuevinating about it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The snow, the tree and your message all give us the 'feeling' of Christmas. Thank you again for sharing. We are looking forward to the Christmas Devotional broadcast this evening. We always enjoy it so much. It adds to the Christmas spirit. Hopefully this week we can get our tree decorated. We love you.

Dad & Mom

Angie said...

Amber,
Cute pictures! It looks like you are having a great time! Don't you love this time of year? Hope your back is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! LOVE Christmas! Love that everyone has so much cheer!! And enjoying the Beauty! Beautiful Tree! Merry Christmas!
Shaha